Monday 17 October 2011

If your cell phone gets lost/stolen?

I lost my cell phone, but I only had it out in class so I had have lost it there. Security said its not in lost and found and they check the classroom- not there. So I think it may have been stolen. I read that I should get the account suspended so they cant make or receive calls.





I have a back up phone, and my mom said to go to at%26amp;t to get a new sim card so I can put that in.








I don%26#039;t understand how this works. If my accounts suspended to prevent someone from using my account..how long do I keep it suspended for? And then how can I get a sim card and have that work? Would I have to change my number or something? I%26#039;m really confused. |||call At%26amp;t asap and tell them it was stollen so they will suspend that account, then when you go in with your other phone all they will do is give you a new sim card and cancel the other phone out, very easy and simple, just make sure you call them asap. Also, if you happen to get your other phone back, At%26amp;t will open that phone back up for you if you want, win win :)|||suspend the account permanently.you%26#039;ll never knowhow long the person that stole your phone will keep it. better be safe than sorry.





and yes new sim card means new number. just put the sim card in your phone(not all phones has a sim card slot, its usually in the back of the battery). so its basically just like getting a new phone.|||if you bought new sim for the same no. previous sim%26#039;s service will not work. and those who stole your cell will never make calls by your no. if you get your new sim with same no. you can only use it.