Wednesday 26 October 2011

Can you keep your number when switching from TMobile prepaid to Virgin Mobile?

I%26#039;m planning on purchasing the new Virgin Mobile WildCard phone soon. My current plan is with TMobile, I use the prepaid service, so there is no contract envolved either. My question is this, I would like to keep my current number, since I%26#039;ve had it about 3 years and everyone knows it, will I be able to do that?





On Virgin Mobile%26#039;s website, they say you can, but does that pertain to prepaid costumers from another service? How long does the process take and what information will I be asked to give them? And if they can change it, is it reliable? Will I receive all my calls and texts without problems? Would it be less of a hassle to just take the number they give me?|||Yeah you can keep the same number and I can tell you that Virgin is a really nice company to deal with from experience. Unfortunately my son convinced me to get a contract phone from Rogers (so I kept my Virgin number) and believe me I want my Virgin phone back so badly as Rogers has given me nothing but headaches - you wouldn%26#039;t believe some of the charges they try and get you to pay and then try getting good customer service after the sale - impossible!|||yes|||It is federal law that you can keep your existing number; it%26#039;s called number portability. Don%26#039;t worry about it, just tell Virgin when you do the switch.|||yes. you need to call your new company or have the person that is setting up your account call them to set it up. you may have to call the company to confirm it. then in a few hours it should be done.|||yah, i dont know if you can, but ur best bet would be to call virgin mobile, 18883221122