Monday 17 October 2011

How can I use a soft-phone with my existing land line?

I have a 10 year old business I cannot change my phone number and I need to receive physical faxes so before you recommend skype realize that because of my needs skype will not work.





I want to be able to use a softphone application like skypes interface (the one you see on your pc screen) but I want to use it with my existing land line.





This is where it gets tricky. How can I basically plug my land line into my computer so that my PC will recognize it is there an adapter? Once that is accomplished what soft-phone software should I download?





I need to do this very cheaply. Its funny because Windows 95 has a softphone that let you do this and now the technology has disappeared.


I know this is a tough one thanks in advance for your help.|||Why don%26#039;t you call vonage? They can transfer virtually ANY number. and plus you will get a temp number and al calls and faxes to your existing number will be forwarded. And its about $34 a month after the $24.99 the first year. w/2 year service agreement. And no credit check


http://www.vonage.com/