Wednesday 26 October 2011

How do you tell your coworkers you broke up w/your bf w/o getting a ton of questions?

I broke up with my boyfriend today after weeks of going back and forth deciding if we could make it work. He had very bad mood swings, he could have been the nicest guy ever and the next he was emotionally abusing. I want to make this easy to get through as possible, I work with all girls at a bank who are all talking about their b/f and husbands everyday.....what is a way I can let them know w/o having to answer a ton of questions as to why we broke up and what happened? I also need to let my boss know I changed my phone number...and to add I have pics up at my desk of us that I need to take down too, I%26#039;m just afraid ppl. asking me what happened will cause me to be emotional so I%26#039;m trying to avoid it. I thought of sending my boss a short email since we are all pretty close.|||Just tell people that you broke up with your boyfriend, and you%26#039;d really prefer not to talk about it much right now because it was a tough decision to make. Take the photos down, and give your boss your new number. End of story.|||If they ask, just say %26quot;It just didn%26#039;t work out...%26quot; or %26quot;I don%26#039;t really want to talk about it now%26quot;. Most people will get the hint that it%26#039;s still too sore of a topic to dig deeper.|||It sounds like you really don%26#039;t need input from co-workers since this is a personal and emotional issue. Since you are close to your boss, I would approach the boss and tell them privately you changed your number as the result of closing doors to that relationship. You want to get past this and thought they needed to know. I%26#039;d take down the pictures and replace them with ones that are of pleasant things, could be other family, a pet, motivational phrase and try to make light of it if asked. Practicing being over him will help and you will get past this and see a brighter future. Best wishes.