Wednesday 26 October 2011

I think I have three options... what should I do?

There%26#039;s this guy who will not leave me alone. I met him at a bar because he is a friend of my friend%26#039;s roommate, and he likes me. I could get into a lot of details, but the bottom line is he is drunk all the time and a jerk who really wants to sleep with me. He swore at me when and sent me AWFUL texts when I wouldn%26#039;t come visit him.



I deleted him from facebook and do not want to change my phone number. He is going to keep texting me until I answer, like he did before when he sent 2-3 texts everyday for two weeks until I caved telling him, yes, I%26#039;m ignoring you, please leave me alone. Then he tried to be my friend sorta..... but he sent me all these awful sexual texts, and he still always texts me he wants to see me at 2 am, asking where i am cuz he%26#039;ll get me (he%26#039;s drunk.....).



What should I do?

1.) Text him to leave me alone (which I think will start an argument with me b/c he will send nasty texts that will inevitably piss me off, and/or he%26#039;ll keep texting me defending himself).

2.) Suck it up and let him leave me multiple texts everyday until he finds a new girl to stalk.

3.) Change my phone number.



What%26#039;s your advice? How should I handle this?|||definitely change your number!!!!!!! |||i had kinda the same prob. i changed my number. get a restrainingorder too|||I would say change your phone number... this freak doesn%26#039;t know where you live does he? I hope not. And if he does I would buy a gun! |||change ur number.

he seems dangerous.



an u cnt take tht risk not only could it effect u but it could effect ppl u hang out with if he came and found u.....|||I would change your number, and if this dosen%26#039;t help, then report him to the police!! It may not seem serious enough but trust me honey he needs sorting out. good luck! x|||text the jerk and tell him to leave you alone, let him know it%26#039;s his final warning and any times he contacts you after that you%26#039;ll use to get a restraining order on him. that might scare him off. if not, he seems a lil crazy...maybe you should think about really getting one on him just to shock him. I%26#039;m not sure how the laws vary state to state but in court here in SC you only need 3 incidents of him harassing you on different days (saved texts, for example) and pay like $30 and then he will get in some serious trouble if he does it anymore!|||First, talk to your roommate and tell him/her what%26#039;s going on, maybe they can talk to him and help you, if not, then you need to talk to him (or text him if it%26#039;s safer) when he%26#039;s not drunk and tell him you are not interested in him. If he starts threatening you, you should call the police. Change your phone number as a last resort as that can be hard and take a long time (telling everyone your new number, etc) and he could get it again and you%26#039;ll end up with the same problem.



Stay safe and good luck with getting rid of him.|||Well I would pick 2 or 3. |||You need to be very careful of a guy who is not taking no for your complete answer and is not leaving you alone when you%26#039;ve told him too. He could be very dangerous! Changes your number, stay away from the bars he frequents, when you do go out make sure you have someone with you, DO Not text him back. He could see that as a sign of you changing your mind or leading him on, and get angry. If after all of that he still finds a way to come into contact with you you will need to go to the police. You have every reason to be scared and just because he drinks is no excuse for his behavior. Be care full and good luck!|||Go to your local police station and ask to speak to a police officer about a harassment . explain to the cop that this guy has been making repeated, unwanted contact with you and you want it to stop. he will probably encourage you to send a text saying he is not to contact you again under any circumstance. This visit will give you an official complaint and a starting place to refer back to if he keeps contacting you. Ask the police what your next step is if he keeps calling or texting. You may need to apply for a restraining order as a next step. it%26#039;s important to safeguard yourself from this type of harassment and in no way should you just have to %26quot;suck it up%26quot; or let some other girl be victimized. Be firm and follow through. God forbid he should start to escalate but, he sounds unbalanced and you just don%26#039;t know how far he is willing to go. Safeguard yourself.|||wheres your dad? call him once more tell him if he doesn%26#039;t stop harassing you you will notify the police who can lock him up if he doesn%26#039;t stop then i would document these calls and text messages and have him charged with harassment and stalking|||First of all, stop texting. The reason why he has such an advantage is because texting give people annonimity. They can say things without actually being physically present for the consequences. I would call him after he text you during the day. When you call, tell him (in a very calm, but serious voice) that this has got to stop. Tell him that he is crossing a line, and that you do not like it, nor appreciate it. Tell him that you have asked him nicely to stop, and that you are serious. Tell him that if he sends you a text, at all, after this phone call, that you will call 911, report this, have them trace his number (because they can do that if you tell them you feel you are in danger), and have him arrested for harrassment. Tell him that that%26#039;s the deal, if he calls again, you going straight to the police with no hesitation. He should back off immediately. If he doesn%26#039;t, then it%26#039;s worth the phone call. Do that, it%26#039;ll work.
  • How do I keep my comforter fluffy
  • raising a kitten
  •