Wednesday 26 October 2011

How do you politely tell everyone in your class the !@#$ off and do their own work?

SERIOUSLY.


last year everyone used me.


people would just grab my homework and start copying when they didnt do it last night


when i correct homework then say i have to give them a 100%


when there is a test people steal my study guides or they demand i print a copy for them


i get frequent calls on how to do our homework (mostly %26quot;what are the answers%26quot;), i eventually changed my voicemail so it sounds like i changed my phone number.


if i have 2nd period math and someone has 4th, they ask me what are the questions/answers to the math test


during english when people need a conclusion paragraph or something and we have to turn something in NOW, i write one for them, then the teacher compliments THEM when she reads them and that person acts like she was a genius


people ask me to do drawings in projects and stuff becuase they claim they suck but um i kind of have a life and need to finish my project too?


i frequently rewrite my friend%26#039;s essays (they are really bad) but she doesnt seem to remember or care... i kind of ditched her since she used me so much xD





looking back at all this I admit i was a stupid idiot to be such a pushover, but people are still going to bother me next year, i need a way to tell them to eff off.


i mean i don%26#039;t mind helping people but i kind of think i%26#039;m helping them cheat by doing their work and i hate cheaters..|||Yes, you have become the easy option: %26quot;Just ask Ally.%26quot; It%26#039;s easy to do, isn%26#039;t it? Part of why is because it%26#039;s an ego stroke for you to help other people, to know the answers and be known as knowing the answers. Aren%26#039;t you a little bit worried that if you stop sharing your brilliance people aren%26#039;t going to like you any more? I%26#039;m afraid it%26#039;s a burden you are going to have to bear. You can%26#039;t just stop helping people, since some of them might genuinely need your help. However, you can thin the ranks by saying this: %26quot;Mr/Ms X told me that she knew I was doing other students%26#039; work and that if it continued, she would mark me down for cheating and I%26#039;m not prepared to take that risk, sorry.%26quot; Rewrite this so it sounds natural for you and stick to it. Good luck.|||You brought this on yourself by allowing it, and allowing them to get away with such activity.





Unless you stand up for yourself, then you will continue to get the same treatment and no Yahoo answers is going to solve that problem for you.


Report cheaters to the principal.|||Tell them you%26#039;d love to help them out, but, if you did, you would be the one who would get into trouble. Better yet - tell them you hate cheaters and you%26#039;re not going to do their work for them. Be brave. If nothing else, it will tell you who your real friends are, - the ones that accept what you say. The others that turn away from you, weren%26#039;t your friends in the first place.|||hmmm. If i was in your shoes I would say,





%26quot;Shut up you superficial freaks who dont have half the brain to do your own work. You know how stupid you really are. You%26#039;re gonna end up a human FAILURE. (excentuate failure) Youre never gonna get the rest of your education and youre gonna be one of those homeless people pushing around a cart, digging for recycleables. Do your own effing work or is it that you know that you are gonna fail you pathetic leech. A parasite, thats what you are. A pathetic leech who feeds off of other people because you have no brain. (By this time if they arent already backing off or looking mad continue and make up some more.)





Then turn your back and smile and say %26quot;See ya.%26quot; If you suspect that you might get jumped or beat up, learn self defense. (I actually took ballet and that sorta helped.) ^_^|||No one can take your answers, your study guide or anything else without your permission.





Just say no. Works for drugs. Works for homework too.





Next time you do your homework, do two versions. The one that available for them to copy and the one you pull out of your pack and turn in when the teacher asks.





When they accuse you of doing something wrong to them, just say %26#039;bite me%26#039; (or whatever passes for that these days) Do your own work.|||Why don%26#039;t you just start giving them the wrong answers?





Have a fake homework for them to steal and copy.


%26#039;Correct%26#039; their answers incorrectly ... or don%26#039;t correct them, but say they%26#039;re fine.


Give them study guides riddled with errors.


Tell them the wrong answers to homework or tests.


Write them a poor concluding paragraph.


Draw them inaccurate diagrams.


Tell people their bad essays are fine.





I know it seems harsh, but when they get a few bad marks they%26#039;ll learn they can%26#039;t just use you and have to do it themselves. Years ago, I had someone who constantly copied my spelling tests; one day, I spelt them all incorrectly. She copied the incorrect ones, but I quickly changed them. She got 0, whilst I got 10/10. She doesn%26#039;t copy anymore.





I%26#039;m like you: I%26#039;m always fine with helping people. I get together with people in study periods if they ask for some help with homework, I even invite them to my home during holidays for some help if they want it. But I never do the work for them, just go through the method.





It doesn%26#039;t sound as if they people you %26#039;help%26#039; really appreciate it. I know, I know - a good deed is its own reward ... but it%26#039;s nice to think someone really appreciated what you did. Luckily, the people I help do, even though they did all the hard word - I didn%26#039;t sit there in the exam, telling them the answers.





So yes, that%26#039;s what I would do - remove the source of their good marks until they stop mercilessly using you and begin to appreciate any help you do give them.|||yea when I was in high school I used to cheat a lot and copy everyone else%26#039;s papers too. I didn%26#039;t harass anyone about it though|||Easy start giving them the wrong answer and problems and when they start getting bad grades they will leave you alone.