Saturday 24 September 2011

Would I be able to buy a used blackberry and change my number over to it without having to purchase internet?

i have verizon so i don't believe we have sim cards (???) whether that matters or not, i am not even sure.



Would I be able to purchase a used blackberry from ebay or something and be able to change it to my phone (like you know how you can make that your new phone by switching)....therefore, not having to buy the blackberry internet $40/month like they want you to do if you buy one at the store?



i think i can make the phone my phone b/c you call in and have your number switched to it, but can i avoid the internet fees since its a blackberry?



this sounds silly i know, but i just like the look of the blackberry (dont want internet)....so is this something i'd be able to do?



thanks sooo much!Would I be able to buy a used blackberry and change my number over to it without having to purchase internet?Yes you can. I had a BB fail on me a few months back so I bought one on Craig's List and just dialed *228 from the new phone. It prompted me to type in the new phone number and VIOLA! It was up and running.
Would I be able to buy a used blackberry and change my number over to it without having to purchase internet?
The internet isn't just something that %26quot;they want you to buy%26quot;, because although they do, they don't decide to put it on there. It's required by the system, and it does not matter if you put the serial number on your line yourself by going online. When you do, you will be prompted to choose either $30/month or $45/month, with no option not to chose one. It's one or the other, and that's the only choice you get as far as blackberries on verizon.