Wednesday 21 September 2011

How often do cell phone companies force you to switch your number for always using it out of state?

I share a Verizon family plan, and use most of the minutes in Massachusetts. All 5 numbers are a Penna. area code, and the other four phones are used there. How likely is it they will make me change my number if I try to get my own plan in Mass.? Obviously I could ask them directly, but I don't want to risk them finding out and making me change. Are there any statistics on this? ThanksHow often do cell phone companies force you to switch your number for always using it out of state?I don't think they do.



I'm on a family plan with multiple area codes and I no longer live in the city for my area code..... In fact, I remember when I signed up for Verizon they let me pick any area code I wanted.



I think as long as you pay the bills it doesn't matter to them what your number is.