Wednesday 21 September 2011

Do you still take the time to look up a phone number in the white/yellow pages of your phone book?

I still do. I guess the old-fashioned way still lingers within me. Some habits never change I suppose. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks....how about you all?Do you still take the time to look up a phone number in the white/yellow pages of your phone book?still use it, it's still the fastest way
Do you still take the time to look up a phone number in the white/yellow pages of your phone book?
Still use the Yellow pages when I am looking for something in general.

I must admit that I use the computer more than the yellow or white pages.
Do you still take the time to look up a phone number in the white/yellow pages of your phone book?
Always get on internet now love it. lazy I guess.
Sure, if I can find the phone book.
I still do because my phone company now charges $1.50 to ask information for a number.
Yes, especially for a small business or societies of sort. This holiday I had to use the book for Toys For Tots volunteer, I had to go Through the local Marine Corp to find out info on it. Some states you type it in and there is a headquarters and everything. I had to go the back route and the old fashioned way of %26quot;let your fingers do the walking through the Yellow pages.%26quot;
i mix it, i use the phone book when i'm not on the computer, its quicker, lol, and if i want a number, or an address, i use the computer, and if i want to know where a place is, i google earth it. its just so good having all this at your fingertips, i dont know how we existed in the 50's , 60's, 70's even the 80's. i bought my first computer in 1999, and havent looked back.
I have several times lately, but for numbers from out of my area I'm quick to just google it.
I still do I won't pay for 411 that just ticks me off. If I don't have the phone book close and the computer is on I use it too.
Rarely. I use the internet to find address' and phone numbers.
I'm afraid that I go straight to my keyboard and google it.



Phone books at my house these days are mostly used for booster seats for the Grandkids.
I use BT.comphone book. . Simply refuse to give the unrealistic amounts Directory Enquiries want.
Yes
I too still use the phone book as much as I can The directory system out in rural st.louis area is a waste of money they constantly give you the incorrect # or tell you there is no such listing ie;Ameran UE in St Louis
Once in a while, I do, but I mostly use the internet yellow pages.
Do we even have a phone book? If so, I don't know where!
No. I live outside of town. My phone book is for around here. So, it doesn't do me much good unless I want to call the school or the neighbors.



Usually I look up numbers on the internet.
White pages yes, yellow pages, can't stand using them. Good luck to you.
I usually use the iternet for information like phone numbers, services, addresses etc. www.canada411.ca is my site or I check for local websites and listings
I don't leave my computer on when not in regular use,so it is quicker to look in the book rather than wait for my PC to warm up.
Yes I still do, but now I need those magnifying glasses to see the numbers.
I still use it to look up a specific business in our area, but use the computer to locate out of town numbers. We get way too many phone books in this neighborhood: the AT + T, the Yellowbook, the Real Yellow Pages, etc. Why do we need all that?
Just did for the first time in abut a year, a few minutes ago, funny you should ask.
Yes.
I do as much as possible because I get charged for Directory Assistance.
  • myspace code
  • pc or mac
  •