Friday 16 September 2011

Changing your name on caller id to someone else and being able to make phone calls saying your someone else?

Hi,

Its kind of a long story but i need help asap! any info or websites you can give would be amazing. :D



My phone one day got a call from my bf so i answered it, said hello and it was 2 girls giggling saying hello this isnt your bf, so i hung up. I txt him and said who the heck has your phone he said no one its in my pocket. But he asked why i called him if he's in school.. I hadnt called him. and he hadnt called me. Our phones called each other. So we passed it off and thought maybe the phone companies messed up.



Then last night my phone said he was calling but i was busy and couldnt answer so i let it go to voicemail. My bf texts me saying why did you call again? I hadnt called. It was in my pocket and my hands were full. He said he heard me laughing but i wasnt laughing or even talking when he called and i never picked up. So at this point we know our phones are being hacked somehow.



Later last night i was texting my bf's friend and he said he was getting the same thing. The girls giggling. Well I knew it HAD to be my bf's ex gf. She is PYSCHO. no joke. :] so i said to his friend who is friends with her, that if it doesnt stop im getting the cops involved.



This afternoon my bf's friend admits to my bf's ex gf to being the caller and he was also the caller. It NEVER showed up that it was them. It showed on both my phone and my bf's phone that we were calling each other but really his friend was calling us from their phone and could hear our convo. Almost like 3 way calling but neither of us was talkin to them at the same time.



So here is my question..

How did they hack into the phone and change their name from showing up to being my bfs name and my name on his phone? They wont tell me how they did it, they are immature dumb*sses.



Should i change my phone number? My bf cant change his so thats not an option, but i can change mine..but they would still be able to call from his number so it wouldnt solve anything.

I saved the texts with them admitting it was them hacking into the phones so if i need to go to the cops i have evidence.



Has anyone had this happen before? What can i do? Is there anything to prevent it? How did they do that?



ANY HELP WILL BE AMAZING!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!Changing your name on caller id to someone else and being able to make phone calls saying your someone else?Spoof calling is what it's called.

See these two companies:

http://www.spoofcard.com/

http://www.phonegangster.com/
Changing your name on caller id to someone else and being able to make phone calls saying your someone else?
Skype allows you to change what shows on caller ID. It is a computer program that allows you to make calls on your computer using a microphone and internet access.