Saturday 24 September 2011

Help! I'm being harassed by someone over the phone. They block their number. Anything I can do?

I've changed my phone number over this person several times and they some how keep getting my new phone number every time. They use a disguised Indian voice-it's obvious. They say weird things like I'm being arrested and mention people I used to know years ago. I have not gotten those phone calls for almost a year. Then they called me two days ago starting up again. This time impersonating my bank asking for my balance to be paid. They were $54.00 off and my bank said I can pay at the branch. This person asked for everything: address, account #, bank name. I hung up the phone when they asked for my bank name because I thought that was strange.

My bank said if they were a collection agency of theirs then they would not ask for those three things. They would ask for a reference number. It's the same disguised voice every time under a different thing. It sounds like a tape recorder used for these calls because they never answer your questions. I asked for their phone number and who they are, but they won't answer you. They just keep talking over you until you hang up. They call sparatically every day for the last 30 days. Its starting to freak me out because this time of how they are impersonating my bank and know everything about me. It's like they wait until they know something new about me before they call again and impersonate something in my life or use threats. However, because I recognize the voice now I know it's b.s. Yet it's starting to scare me. Could it be someone I know?

The police are investigating through my cell phone provider. Is it possible to track blocked numbers?Help! I'm being harassed by someone over the phone. They block their number. Anything I can do?of course the police can track blocked numbers. every number that is blocked, is basically just hidden. if you think about it, the number is still displayed, only to you, it shows up as Restricted or Unknown Caller. However, if you keep getting calls from that number, either don't answer it, or hang up immediately and tell the police that you just got a call from that number again.
Help! I'm being harassed by someone over the phone. They block their number. Anything I can do?
Probably someone you know ... or more likely someone that knows someone you know. Yes the police can find out who owns the phone that is calling you.
Help! I'm being harassed by someone over the phone. They block their number. Anything I can do?
Its good you have reached out to the police. hopefully they can sort this out for you. You should just not answer these calls.. save the number as 'do not answer'. I've herd of this agency over the internet - you type in a number and the agency sends prank calls to the number, it could be something like that. I think its someone you have given ur number to each time you have changed it. Normally when you change your number the first time this sort of thing stops. Good luck.
If the police are investigating then let them handle it.